Upon the approval of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to the amended By-laws (November 25, 1999), the formation of International Chapters was made possible.
The chapters, which are based on other countries, is a manifestation of our commitment to reach-out to Filipino Civil Engineers around the world. We strongly advocate the formation of International Chapters in order to establish a more concrete point of union for Filipino Civil Engineers.
(a) the advancement of the knowledge and practice of civil engineering;
(b) the fostering and improvement of civil engineering education;
(c) the stimulation of research in civil engineering;
(d) the professional improvement of its members;
(e) the maintenance of high ethical standards in the practice of civil engineering;
(f) the promotion of good public and private clientele relationships;
(g) the development of fellowship among civil engineers;
(h) the encouragement of professional relations with other allied technical and scientific organizations; (i) the establishment of a central point of reference and union for its members and the civil engineering profession; and
(j) the acquisition, ownership, management and disposal of real and/or personal property incidental to or in furtherance of the above objectives of the Institute.
Code of Ethics
Fundamental Principles Civil engineers uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the civil engineering profession by:
1. Using their knowledge and skill for the enhancement of human welfare and the environment;
2. Being honest and impartial and serving with fidelity the public, their employers/employees and clients;
3. Striving to increase the competence and prestige of the civil engineering profession; and
4. Supporting the professional and technical societies of their disciplines.
1. Civil Engineers shall hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public and shall strive to comply with the principles of sustainable development in the performance of their duties.
2. Civil Engineers shall perform services only in areas of their competence.
3. Civil Engineers shall issue public statements only in an objective and truthful manner.
4. Civil Engineers shall act in professional matters for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees, and shall avoid conflicts of interest.
5. Civil Engineers shall build their professional reputation on the merit of their services and shall not compete unfairly with others.
6. Civil Engineers shall act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance the honor, integrity, and dignity of the civil engineering profession.
7. Civil Engineers shall continue their professional development throughout their careers, and shall provide opportunities for the professional development of those civil engineers under their supervision.
Adopted in September 2001 as part of the Manual of Professional Practice for Civil Engineers published by the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers.
1. To support the continuing professional development of its members through education and training with newly established engineering information and advancements through but not limited to lectures, seminars/workshops, researches, online forum, etc.
2. To establish and maintain a fraternal support system within the general membership by:
a. Pooling resources and giving a helping hand for laid-off or finished-contract members in looking for new job opportunities within Qatar region.
b. Extending a hand to PICE-QATAR CHAPTER members in dire need, charitable institution in cases of national calamites in our country (The Philippines), and co-civil engineers in Qatar Region.
c. To facilitate programs for the reintegration of the PICE-QATAR CHAPTER members into the Philippines community.
3. To facilitate an information network among the PICE-QATAR CHAPTER members by means of media, internet, or other means of communication.
4. To foster a spirit of pride, responsibility and camaraderie in the civil engineering profession.
5. To present a visible symbol identifying the Civil Engineers in Qatar by affiliating and reintegrating our organization with other international organizations who have similar, if not the same, common goals as professionals in the field of engineering.
6. To establish a central point of reference and union for its members and assist them in the renewal of their Philippine Regulation Commission (PRC) licenses and concerns with the Institute.
7. To encourage, assist and prepare members who are not yet registered Civil Engineers in the Philippines to take their Philippine licensure examinations in Doha, Qatar, in coordination with the Institute and PRC of the Philippines.